Sunday, February 3, 2013

Friends with... name tags : )

                                                 

S-This was on our door when I woke up this morning it means happiness and joy! When I first saw it I thought that someone had marked my door to say this is where the foreigners live ( Like Nazi's put it there) and now you're going to die! Obviously I have way to of an active imagination :) This second one It's my name in Chinese :) Heheh I was talking to my neighbor on Sunday and his friend was over and he's like hey do you want to learn how to write some Chinese  and I thought wow that would be so cool so he painstakingly watched me write my name one line at a time! lol you should have heard him he'd be like this line then this line not that line before that one! To me it didn't look any different if I wrote one line before another but he said it did :) I thought of my childhood days learning the A,B,C's lol I wonder if I had such a hard time writing my S for the first time :) Then he told me now that you can write it try writing it so that all the letters fit in a box hahah just like they do in America having the kids stay on the line It was just so fun to learn how to write my name, then he taught me how to say it! It sounds something like Coo SHoo Naa hahah maybe Kaley's right and I should change my name to Jane, it's kind of difficult for everybody! But for some reason I love my name so I'm kind of not ready to part with it!
 S- so this is Chinese writing on our kitchen wall! Why do we have it up when we have no idea what it says? hahh well our neighbor/ house mate is chinese see we share our porch and kitchen with him and he put it up and it fell down and Kaley and her kindness wanted to put it back up for him, but in so doing we accidently put it back upside down :) A face that I didn't even know until one of the kids I tutor is like this is wrong haha and told us that it was upside down and explained what the symbols meant! LOL

S- So I live by the saying " Ask the missionaries, they can help you" One very kind missionary taught me the symbol for love  and all around the black are my attempts at Chinese! So fun!
S- Fried bananas in whip cream is their anything more delicious :) My roommate  housemate named Daniel taught me how to make these he chopped up bananas and dipped them in an egg, flour, water mixture and then lightly browned them and then we dipped them in the butter/ whip cream Kaley made for milk day with lots of sugar :) Oh my goodness life is fun!

S-Housemate/ roommate Daniel he is soo kind, here he is expertly frying our desert for the night :)
S- FHE is so much fun in Taiwan with the missionaries and Daniel and all of the new converts! One thing they made for desert was like a bean cake which we also dipped in Whip cream :) Whip cream just makes things better :)

1 comment:

  1. So I must have missed this post before, or maybe I saw it but it was different. Anyway, this is cool and that dessert sounds like a fun one to try at home :)

    ReplyDelete