Friday, February 15, 2013

Big Buddah, Big Buddah

K-Taichung train station... later we got back to Hualien and realized that people take pictures outside our train station... we should do that : )
S- I love Maggie Wu so glad we were able to come and visit Taichung with her! She is amazing she was our fearless leader the entire trip she let us stay with her at her mom's house and she showed us all the beauties of Taichung!

S- Chinese people are so cute! They don't know a lot of English but for common phrases so it totally took me by surprise when after I paid for my meal the girl behind the counter said I know good english good by I love you :)


K -Many types of eggs sold as food you eat while walking.... Don't know how you'd eat those ostrich eggs gracefully : ) and a man playing the Chinese Violin
K- Have I taken a billion pictures of squid or what? It still looks cool to me : ) This type is seasoned and drying. Who likes their squid crispy? : )
S- More fabulous monsters!!
Buddah!!!

S- Shanae going where no other Cook has ever gone before... Inside Buddah :)


K-Once inside Buddah you see depictions from his life - its really interesting how his story is similar to Joseph Smiths... minus some major details... 



One of the elephants that guards the temple behind big Buddah
Kaley and Maggie in front of the Buddah temple
Buddah overlooking the city
Me and my chinese-iness :)
K- She loves taking pictures like this : ) Natural born tourist I tell you : )





K- You're thinking Mulan right? That part when Mushu takes the fireworks to the top of the building?? : )







Buddah and I are tight I'm thinking if he could only convert maybe we could be friends :)


This amazing thing that I am holding is a candy covered pear nummy!!

1 comment:

  1. Okay, I was thinking a bunch of Mulan quotes here.
    That isn't a monster, its a dragon, DRAGON... He ehee. Wow that one Budda overlooking the city is BIG.
    How did you meet Maggie? Its fun to be able to travel with a native who has parents, who might even like you...
    Aren't you glad you traveled over there? Seriously going where no other Cook (or Cook's for that matter) have gone before...

    ReplyDelete