Friday, February 15, 2013

Dutch Castle in Tamsui

Kaley is so amazing! She always asks me what I want to do! And today I wanted to see my first Dutch castle so offf we went! This is the metro station

Fishermans warf

K-Ended up here on accident because we didn't get off the bus fast enough : ) Oh the joys of finding beauty in everything : )
S-Which way which way? :) It doesn't matter any way is awesome!

K- Apparently this was a mush sought after port for quite some time... the Dutch build this 'castle' and then the British eventually turned it into a consulate
Me on my date in our dutch castle :)
S- me and my very own prisoner :)

K- Yes, Kaley is boring and doesn't get pictures of herself with statues : )
This is the house that the British built next to the consalate


K-Cannons we thought Con-man would appreciate 
S- My new shoes that don't quite fit!

S- I feel like I'm on another planet, but my mom still sends me valentine presents so maybe I'm not too far :)
K- We don't see a lot of red brick here so though this may look ordinary to you it was quiet a treat for our eyes



Thee first western style school to be built in Taiwan
K-And the new university build directly next to it

K-Another door : )


K- Wound up at a market street that we went to with our principal during our first Temple trip to Taipei. I got a Turkish thing that Kasia introduced me to a while back, over priced but good : )
K- Shanae said "No People-en allowed" (from Bedknobs and broomsticks) :) I totally lol-ed : )
K- Hate to think that there probably are people who live in these houses ...

1 comment:

  1. Shanae - your dates look too cold for my liking... How did they ask you out? Tell them they need to ask your mother before you go out again....
    Isn't it fun that even when you get off the bus at the wrong stop you will end up somewhere cool? You get to see some fun things...

    ReplyDelete