Sunday, January 13, 2013

Play date

Mina. She wanted to wear Shanaes necklace and hair flower and if Shanae had had a dollar in her pocket she probably would have wanted that too : ) Shes into earrings and wants to touch mine each time I wear a new pair to class
S- Isn't she adorable? She wanted to touch my face so she took my flower out of my hair and put the head band on :) She really wanted to wear my neclace so I put it on her and then when she was distracted sneekily took it off and played the where did it go game, where she easily forgot when I showed her a new toy, oh how I love little kids :) If we could be as forgetful and kind, that would be something.

S- When we first arrived at the play date, I thought to myself what is wrong with me? I work with these kids 5 long days a week and instead of running as far away from them as I can I spend another day of cazy play? but it was really fun we had sweet chocklate brownies, and candies like every 5 minutes and it was fun playing with the little kids and feeling like a movie star as our kids said "teacher, teacher, look at this" :)

Ben, Naomis younger brother who will probably be joining our preschool after we've left
Karinas brother... who reminded me, oddly enough, of Karina! : )

Cherry, her mom and Teacher Stephanie. Teacher Stephanie is one of the most loving dedicated teachers I have ever met. She's been doing this for ten years. This play date was organized by her and at her house.
S- We love teacher Stephanie! She was so nice after watching me laugh my way through my first week of teaching she's like Thank you! You are trying so hard and we really appreciate it :)
Everyone brought some goodies to share. A favorite was the seaweed ... um... paper flakes. Polly (l) walked up to me and said "Teacher, its very yummy." Shes in this picture with Lillian who is basically always with her
S- Irene the adorable, love this girl she is so smart and so sweet in my class.
Tyler the little monster. He kept putting a baby doll in the trash truck, he's playing with, and laughing when he sneekily showed me : )

Mina doing Teacher Shanaes hair.
Tyler really wanted one of my toys so I told him he had to say "I want that" after much frustration on his part he did say it hahah :)


Teacher Kaley and Mina. Man she makes me want to have Asian babys : ) jkjkjk


Ian. You never, ever, know whats coming next with this boy
S- did you know that this kid knows how to sweep? he is such a smartie I love him already :)
Ian loved that he could shoot his teachers with this toy. And Shanae had no idea that Poly was making Asian eyes during this picture bwahahaha
Ryan, Karina and teacher Kaley : ) best-ees already
Irene and her momma. Irene really didn't want her picture taken : )

S-Roger is such a cutie :) I love going to class and seeing his smiling face.
Oh Roger, how I love you and your adorable Asian-ness

View from the building we were in, we were on the 14th floor... which lucky for us we met someone on the bottom floor because the apartment number was 222 we would have wandered around the second floor for some time before finding were we needed to be : )
Our wet walk from the grocery store. Notice how Shanae has no grocery's... that is because Kaley is always nominated to carry them : )
S- Notice how Kaley loves to tease teacher Shanae? ha see what I have to put up with.... :)

Tender Mercy: A lady saw us walking in the rain (we didn't have coats or umbrellas when we left the house as it was not raining when we left) and offered to give us a ride anywhere we wanted. She said she was paying it forward as she has traveled to over 20 countrys and has been helped by many people.
At the ward BBQ that night. I feel like Shanae really has a gift with taking the same horrible picture of me eating... thanks Shanae
Ya shes getting better at chop sticks... it only took her ten minutes this time to get the food ready to take the picture : ) : ) love you Shanae : )
S- Pink Chopsticks, lol have you ever seen something so wonderful? :) I am a worry wort by nature.. do you guys remember when I was so afraid that I'd starve in Taiwan.. well that's not happening the food is soo yummy. right now I'm eating pork chops and noodels and everything I've tried has been so delicious! I can't wait to see what I get to try next!

2 comments:

  1. Such cute kids!!! Oh, yeah, and the little kids are cute too :) You guys make me want to go there just to try the food.
    Hey wook - where did you get the cute spotted jacket you are wearing in the picture with the food? It is cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. PINK CHOPSTICKS yay amazing nae u should bring me some u girls make me smile

    ReplyDelete