Sunday, January 13, 2013

Night Market: take 2

You are probably already sick of pictures of this place - as most of them look very similar- but we're not tired of taking them so you will have ot stomach a couple more : )
Night market as we cross the street to go to it. I am always grateful for other crossing pedestrians as they seem to intuativly know when they will not get smooshed and should cross. Me? I watch the lights and pray a lot : ) and yell at Shanae "Crossing, we're crossing!"



Fireworks shop- ya they are big in Asia

Bike shop... sorry you can't see it well.

Two places we may be visiting very soon : ) : )



Getting our freshly made fruit juice
Dinner! Shanae was really happy to have fries with fry sause : )

Famous BBQ place... or so they tell me

Pots of wantons (I think) cooking

Dumplings, my personal favorite of the moment. And this place on the right always reminds me of San Francisco (though I've never been there). The guys are all tatooed and earinged up and don't seem like normal Taiwanese people... I wonder if they were deported...

Got some great sandwiches here for under a dollar

2 comments:

  1. What kind of meat do they put in your sandwich? Or dare I ask... The pictures are so cool. It would be wild not knowing the language and just having to guess things. Like do they give you a cheat sheet to know how much you should be paying for stuff? Do people over charge you? How would you know? How do you really know what you are getting for food or do you just guess by the smell and how much people enjoy things? You will have to write a blog entry just to answer all the questions for inquiring minds..

    ReplyDelete
  2. awesome yum
    p.s. i think i couple stomach a couple more photos lol

    ReplyDelete