Saturday, March 16, 2013

Spring lillies


 The flowers on our porch- couldn't be happier about them : )

 Our neighbor used to have a bunch of trees there but one very early, very loud, morning later now has an empty field and some white neighbors who didn't get to sleep in : ) But who's complaining? I've started tutoring on Saturday morning so I can get some extra cash.
We're so happy to ride our bikes everywhere- traffic is still traffic but it gets us places soooo much faster. Like it only took us 10 min to get to this 'lunch box' place that the Elders recommended. A box of rice with tofu and other meat and vegetables on top. You also get a large piece of flat fried chicken. All for $2.25. So its about free-cheesy : ) Shanae didn't care for it but I really enjoyed the crazy flavors : )

2 comments:

  1. R- too cool that is super cheap! I kind of reminds me of the prices in Mexico.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I would trust the tofu more than the meat around there. I mean, I have seen the pictures of the meat market....
    Too bad about the trees. I would think with as much pollution as they have they would want to be planting trees, not taking them out, but then this is just me...

    ReplyDelete