Tuesday, November 27, 2012

A body is a Temple


               Aside from the guys who walk around everywhere with their shirts off I also see a lot of naked boys (just little ones) at the community swimming pools. Seeing so much anatomy has really caused me to reflect on just how perfect and beautiful the human body is. Not just the outside but the inside to as our bodies can heel themselves and reproduce offspring that look similar to the original. Tyron, Brother Talenis’ son, has his overbite and yet his mothers’ large eyes and forehead… I often feel bad for the half-castes who, apart form looking like they are from CA with there permeate tans, oftentimes have unfortunate European features like a long cooked nose.  Amazing. Why would you want to put a tattoo on that? I know I’ve talked before about how I often see Samoan tattoos (pe’a) as a work of art and really it is beautiful, but it does not belong on something that is already perfect. Secretly I’ve always thought good guys with poly arm tattoos were cool but the more I think about it the more I realize it’s a mistake. Ra Lawrence said that once. He got his poly tattoo after his mission and he said he regretted getting it (though it really did look good on him).
            Come to find out yesterday that Josephine is not Alofa and Corinthians biological daughter. Shes actually the other brothers daughter who A and C wanted to raise. Mala says Corinthians adopting her just goes to show how he really is invested in the family and loves his little girl. I already knew that though. 

1 comment:

  1. I went past a guy the other day who had a bunch of little tattoos all over his arm. They looked awful - like someone scribblings. Really, what was he thinking? Maybe he let a friend just practice all over his arm but boy it looked bad...

    ReplyDelete